This past weekend went completely undocumented. At the time, I was just feeling busy and uninterested in taking out my camera to capture some of the things we did / made / ate... and now I'm kicking myself!
Perhaps you can close your eyes (ok - maybe not, since then you won't be able to read) and imagine the following:
- Me spending Friday night traversing the city to find the right cut of grass-fed beef to make boeuf bourgignon.
- Me making boeuf bourgignon a day in advance because of the wisdom of others that told me it would be better the next day.
- Me making chocolate mousse, and forgetting a crucial step, resulting in chocolate dessert fail. (Followed by me making chocolate mousse a second time to great, extra rich and delicious success!)
- Josh and I braving the wonderful world of the restaurant depot on Saturday morning in order to make 100+ servings of tuna noodle casserole.
- Me getting distracted from my dinner party prep Saturday afternoon by taking an obscenely long bath with my new book (Outlander)
- A perfectly French meal for friends including two French cheeses (one that Josh described as tasting like "barnyard"... and believe it or not, he meant that in a good way), boeuf bourgignon, a bottle of 2006 Judd's Hill Cabernet Sauvignon (that was obviously not French, but exceedingly tasty), and getting chocolate-wasted on that mousse!
- Sleeping in on Sunday and loving it.
- Buying a tuxedo-front chambray denim button-down shirt that I may wear every single weekend from here on out.
- Catching up with the old DVR in front of the fireplace with some homemade potato-leek soup Sunday night.
Wow. Posts without photos are dull, eh? Promise to get back on that tout de suite!